Roshel is seeking an experienced Material Engineer to lead the material development and assessment process. The Material Engineer will report to Chief Engineer at Roshel and will collaborate with multi-engineering team to develop, assess and test materials for a wide range of our products.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Apply materials science with engineering principles and practices in order to identify and advance solutions for design, manufacturing and quality problems;
- Provide material evaluation and testing of automotive components in support of products’ durability and reliability as well as design engineering;
- Develop and execute a plan for evaluating laser-processed composite materials;
- Establish evaluation criteria for assessment of materials;
- Work with the engineering team on material selection, failure analysis, material characterization, product quality inspections, testing, etc.;
- Develop and evaluate new or equivalent material processing technologies;
- Assist less experienced engineers, coach and transfer knowledge;
- Keep organized and detailed records of laboratory work;
- Travelling might be required to the suppliers and customers sites
- Successful candidate shall have a fundamental knowledge of mechanical and chemical characteristics of composites;
- Manufacturing and processing knowledge of materials as they apply to automotive/electronic counter measures applications is a great asset;
- Ability to initiate failure analysis, correctly interpret the data, and report results to the Chief engineer and the Management team with limited supervision;
- Ability to collect and report data using the appropriate metallurgical characterization techniques;
- Great communication skills to collaborate with engineers, suppliers, customers, etc.;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgy, Material Science and Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of four years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in testing composite materials is an asset.
Our competitive benefits package includes base salary and commissions, travel expense reimbursement, and health care options.