Roshel is seeking an experienced Material Engineer to lead the material development and assessment process. The Material Engineer will report to CTO at Roshel and will collaborate with multi-engineering team to develop, assess and test materials for a wide range of our products.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Apply materials science with engineering principles and practices in order to identify and advance solutions for design, manufacturing and quality problems;
- Provide material evaluation and testing of automotive components in support of products’ durability and reliability as well as design engineering;
- Develop and execute a plan for evaluating laser-processed composite materials;
- Establish evaluation criteria for assessment of materials;
- Work with the engineering team on material selection, failure analysis, material characterization, product quality inspections, testing, etc.;
- Develop and evaluate new or equivalent material processing technologies;
- Assist less experienced engineers, coach and transfer knowledge;
- Keep organized and detailed records of laboratory work;
- Travelling might be required to the suppliers and customers sites
- Successful candidate shall have a fundamental knowledge of mechanical and chemical characteristics of composites;
- Manufacturing and processing knowledge of materials as they apply to automotive/electronic counter measures applications is a great asset;
- Ability to initiate failure analysis, correctly interpret the data, and report results to the Chief engineer and the Management team with limited supervision;
- Ability to collect and report data using the appropriate metallurgical characterization techniques;
- Great communication skills to collaborate with engineers, suppliers, customers, etc.;
- Bachelor of Science degree in Metallurgy, Material Science and Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of four years of relevant work experience is required.
- Experience in testing composite materials is an asset.
Our competitive benefits package includes base salary and commissions, travel expense reimbursement, and health care options.
Roshel Corporate Presentation
Download our presentation and learn more about how our innovative products and solutions complemented with industry-leading services can help you.