Mechanical Design Engineer
Roshel is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer at their Mississauga, Ontario facility. As a Mechanical Engineering Designer, you would be responsible to design, develop and test new and redesigned products, mechanical components, machinery, and equipment from inception to approval and into production.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects from conceptual stage to production stage
- Working with Chief Engineer, Customers, Suppliers, and other departments to provide product designs that meets the objectives of the project’s technical requirements and ensure projects are complete in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Design and optimization of mechanical components for automotive systems
- Take measurements and conduct reverse engineering of automotive and industrial components
- Develop manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards
- Read and interpret blueprints technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Analyze and evaluate mechanical and electromechanical systems and products by designing and conducting research programs.
- Document product designs by preparing bills of materials, drawings, and engineering change requests
- Assure system and product quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and system capabilities; confirming fabrication, assembly, and installation processes
- Provide engineering information by answering questions and requests
- Continuously identify and undertake reasonable steps to increase the quality and productivity of design work, e.g., search for new features in new and existing software, develop approaches to reduce or automate routine and time-consuming tasks etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven experience in Mechanical Design (5+ years) with 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferable in the AUTOMOTIVE industry.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks, AutoCAD
- Strong practical knowledge of sheet metal fabrication (preferable laser cutting and bending)
- Ability to work in a team to resolve problems and keep projects on track
- Strong knowledge GD&T, ISO and engineering procedures
- Familiarity with the creation of bills of material (BOM)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org