Vehicle Systems Engineer – Performance and Benchmarking
Roshel is seeking a Vehicle Systems Engineer – Performance and Benchmarking at their Mississauga, Ontario facility. The person will be responsible for defining vehicle performance dimensions and characteristics for benchmarking.
- Link performance and efficiency requirements to system/component level targets
- Perform vehicle and sub-system model validation and calibration based on test data, generate technical proposals for system level assessments and create Layouts.
- Responsible for creating and updating vehicle models, coordinating new & updated subsystem models with model owners. Manage multiple fidelity model libraries.
- Evaluate, through simulation, competition technology (this includes electrical and thermal systems and components)
- Provide objective evaluation of new concepts through sub-system and vehicle level simulation. This includes knowledge of standard drive cycles, especially those pertaining to BEV’s.
- Preparation of concise reports with clear recommendations for stakeholders and customers
- Accountable for effective technical project tracking to achieve annual objectives
- Continually evolve core simulation competencies as the state-of-the-art changes and as technology requirements change
- Contribute to driving needs for advanced testing and benchmarking
- Academic background in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering and BEV relevant industry experience, with experience and track record associated with vehicle simulation
- Passionate about automotive and topics such as electrification, thermal management, cooling system concepts, vehicle powertrain and numerical simulation
- Full vehicle simulation exposure, practical knowledge an asset also. (Working understanding of mechanical, thermal, and electrical systems, sensor systems, ECUs, and how they interact with an automotive system)
- Strong knowledge of automotive BEV and HEV systems and components
- Strong fundamentals in electrical circuits, thermodynamics, and heat transfer
- Experience with component and system versioning and model library management
- Experience with requirement tracking and simulation coverage
- Working knowledge of system and vehicle testing and ability to work in collaboration with test team
- Willingness to learn new tools as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com